The lessons below help lay the groundwork for learning music theory on the guitar. These lessons are essential to understanding the basics of notes, chords, and scales.
- Learning the Notes on the Guitar Fretboard
- The Major Scale : The Important Guitar Scale to Learn
- Building Chords from the Major Scale
- Essential Chords for Beginners
- Intervals on Guitar
- The Natural Minor Scale
- Major Pentatonic Scale
- Minor Pentatonic Scale
- CAGED System for Guitar
- Major Triads on Guitar
- Minor Triads on Guitar
- Major & Minor Arpeggios on Guitar
Additional Theory Resources
Below are a few books I think are beneficial to learning the foundations of guitar theory.
Whenever learning something new, I find it useful to to get as many different perspectives as possible. Certain styles and language will resonate better than others and you’ll get a fuller understanding of the topic.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps cover costs of maintaining this website.